To properly apply your iron-on labels, please follow the important instructions below:
- Set your iron to the hottest setting - NO STEAM!
- Empty all water from the iron.
- Wait until the iron gets hot.
- Apply labels to CLEAN, thoroughly dry garments only. Labels applied to soiled or damp garments will not adhere properly.
- For best results DO NOT apply to tags, apply directly to clothing.
- Place label on garment in desired position.
- Cover label with a thin dry pressing cloth.
- FIRMLY press heated iron on pressing cloth for 10-15seconds.
- Verify your application time and iron temperature.
- Allow garment and label to cool to room temperature. Then try to peel the label off with your fingernail. If you can peel it off, your iron is not hot enough. Use another iron or reapply it for 10 -15 seconds.
- If you are having problems getting your labels to adhere properly, please read the following:
- Iron is not hot enough. Your iron should be on the hottest setting, NO STEAM.
- Applying longer is not better, applying heat to long may cause labels to not stick.
- You are not using a proper pressing cloth. Material needs to be very, very thin.
- Everyone's iron is different. Try adjusting the amount of time you apply the iron to the labels.
NOTE: You need to use the hottest setting for every item you are labeling. However, there may be some materials to which you cannot apply a very hot iron. For example: nylon, satin, acetate, etc. In these cases, our labels are soft and thin enough to be sewn on instead.